Director of E-commerce
Industry | Apparel
Location | Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and located at the company’s Los Angeles headquarters, the Director of E-commerce will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of the company website and digital marketing channels, partnering with relevant internal and external players to enhance the online customer experience, maximize site usability, performance and ROI. In this newly created role, the Director of E-Commerce must continuously seek out initiatives that will increase sales and further the company’s overall strategic direction.
The ideal candidate is customer focused, innovative, and an analytical decision maker and a highly motivated self-starter who’s looking to make a difference in their organization and lead innovation and performance in a growth e-commerce business.
Accountability & Functions
Digital Marketing and Customer Acquisition
- In collaboration with agencies and senior management, develop plan for and manage all e-commerce ROI marketing programs including the areas of SEO, paid search, retargeting, display ads, email marketing, affiliate marketing, and syndication of content into paid channels.
- Prepare and execute online promotion and content calendar for each season, including messaging for web store, email marketing and digital marketing.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies across all direct and digital media channels from concept to launch, including email, PPC, SEO, retargeting.
- Work with brand marketing, PR, other departments with consumer marketing initiatives and product launches to ensure cross platform alignment.
Customer Experience and Fulfillment
- Deliver an optimal customer experience that will drive sales online (desktop, mobile and tablet) based on quantitative and qualitative analysis. This includes site merchandising, customer service, service standards and logistic standards that differentiates and drives energetic consumer loyalty.
- Drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, personal, and engaging customer experience. Plan and build omni-channel experience and CRM database – i.e customer loyalty programs.
- Ensure constant update of new technologies/relationships to continuously improve online platform design and functionality.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with IT and Retail/Retail Operations teams to ensure brand and messaging alignment.
Data Analysis and Management
- Analyze customer demographic and purchasing behavior to maximize sales.
- Manage all e-commerce and digital analytics, setting and tracking KPI benchmarks and reporting those internally.
- Oversee all work-flow related to site management including managing service levels of internal and 3rd-party providers including but not limited to development agency, platform, fulfillment, and customer service.
- Actively monitor daily data flow between front end, order management, and internal systems; working with appropriate partners to resolve any discrepancies and issues.
- Monitor competitive websites, industry trends and new technology and digital services ensuring that the brand is staying on the forefront of industry standards.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of e-commerce experience, preferably in a fashion or luxury environment
- Experience managing e-commerce product development cycles from strategy to final production launches
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end e-commerce processes and platforms, including website infrastructure, content management, product attribution, and customer-facing functionality
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, develop, and grow teams
- Experience managing merchandising and customer acquisition departments / functions
- Strong knowledge of marketing software, email marketing, principles of web design, digital and social media
- Mastery of web analytics research tools to drive decision making
- Strong organizational, analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills with a strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work quickly, efficiently and strategically with a wide range of internal departments